Nonprofit volunteer expert Stephanie Cory will reveal secrets that will enable you to build a productive, cost-free team to help your organization achieve its mission. You will learn how to power your nonprofit while advancing your career with a meaningful certification.
Preparing Your Organization For Working With Volunteers
Building Your Volunteer Management Infrastructure
Recruiting And Orienting Volunteers
Managing And Engaging Volunteers
Earn your Volunteer Management Certification and fast track your skills. Transform your volunteer program in the new year.
It’s a new year, and new volunteers are a high priority for nonprofits as organizations seek to continue delivering services, generating awareness, and raising funds. Volunteers are a way to add to what your staff can accomplish.
Whether your organization has a few occasional volunteers or a robust volunteer program, effective management is critical. You need to recruit volunteers, identify appropriate roles, ensure high productivity, and retain them. To help you accomplish these goals, we are offering a certification program packed with new ideas and best practices:
Volunteer Management Certification
Session 1: Preparing Your Organization For Working With Volunteers
- Key policies to protect your organization and your volunteers
- How to mitigate common risks related to volunteers
- The Volunteer Protection Act of 1997
Session 2: Building Your Volunteer Management Infrastructure
- Needs assessment to determine appropriate volunteer placements
- Job descriptions for a variety of volunteer roles
- Differentiating between volunteer and staff roles
Session 3: Recruiting And Orienting Volunteers
- What motivates people to volunteer
- Thorough volunteer orientation planning
- Screening for volunteers
Session 4: Managing And Engaging Volunteers
- Supervision for volunteers
- Ways to motivate and recognize volunteers
- Methods for addressing challenging volunteer behaviors
Who Should Attend?
- Works with nonprofit organizations of all sizes to strengthen governance and fundraising
- Served in executive director, development, and program management roles
- Adjunct faculty member for Villanova University’s College of Professional Studies, teaching nonprofit topics
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE)
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP®) from the American College of Financial Services
- Certified Governance Trainer through BoardSource
- Licensed consultant through the Standards for Excellence® Institute
See What Others Are Saying:
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.