This five-part certification program will build your understanding of nonprofit board membership while helping you build credibility inside and outside your organization. You will learn the ins and outs of the most critical roles of board members: leadership, governance, fundraising, and assessment.
Fast track Board Member skills. Nonprofit Board Certification will upskill and engage your Board for 2022.
With 2022 well underway and board members settling into their roles, now is the ideal time for your entire nonprofit board to complete an informative and insightful certification program. You need to set realistic expectations and clearly define roles. New recruits and veterans can benefit from comprehensive training.
Many board members do not fully appreciate the difference between governance and management. They want to succeed but do not know how. They are either too involved or an uninvolved “rubber stamp” for the chief executive. They are uncertain about handling staff interactions, financial oversight, and sticky fundraising situations.
To help orient yourself and your entire board, we are offering a five-part certification program focusing on the critical roles of board members:
A certification will document your understanding of nonprofit board membership while helping you build credibility inside and outside your organization.
Nonprofit Board Member Certification
- What does it mean to serve on a board?
- Why serve on a board?
- What a board should look like
- Board meetings
- What you should expect from the nonprofit
- What the nonprofit will expect from you
- The role of the board
- The board’s role in assessment
- The board’s role in planning
- Board training
- The board as leaders
- Governance vs. management
- Board and staff: who does what?
- Policies and procedures
- Board and staff working together
- Expectations for board members
- Board committees
- The board’s role in fundraising
- Board leadership
- The board’s role in advocacy
- The role of the board chair
- Preparing yourself for a leadership role
- Creating a philanthropic culture
Who Should Attend?
- One of just over one hundred professionals worldwide to hold the Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE) designation
- Over 25 years of experience as a philanthropic consultant
- Graduate of the Faculty Training Academy of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Master teacher
- Author of more than one dozen books
- Graduate of Alvernia University in Reading, Pennsylvania
NonprofitWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.