This five-part certification program will build your understanding of nonprofit board membership while helping you build credibility inside and outside your organization. You will learn the ins and outs of the most critical roles of board members: leadership, governance, fundraising, and assessment.
Get your new board members certified now. Maximize board impact and collaboration.
With many nonprofits beginning their fiscal year and board members taking new positions, now is an ideal time for your entire board to complete an informative and insightful certification program. You need to set realistic expectations and clearly define roles. New recruits and veterans can benefit from comprehensive training.
Many board members do not appreciate the difference between governance and management. They want to succeed but do not know how. They are uncertain about handling staff interactions, financial oversight, and sticky fundraising situations.
To help orient your entire board, we are offering a five-part certification program focusing on the critical roles of board members:
Nonprofit Board Member Certification
- What does it mean to serve on a board?
- Why serve on a board?
- What a board should look like
- Board meetings
- What you should expect from the nonprofit
- What the nonprofit will expect from you
- The role of the board
- The board’s role in assessment
- The board’s role in planning
- Board training
- The board as leaders
- Governance vs. management
- Board and staff: who does what?
- Policies and procedures
- Board and staff working together
- Expectations for board members
- Board committees
- The board’s role in fundraising
- Board leadership
- The board’s role in advocacy
- The role of the board chair
- Preparing yourself for a leadership role
- Creating a philanthropic culture
Invest in Second Chance Retake Insurance
We recommend purchasing our Second Chance Retake Insurance for $49 which allows you to take the exam a second time without having to retake the Course. Should you need to retake the exam without purchasing Insurance beforehand the retake fee is $75. For additional information please refer here or reach out to Support@careerlearning.com.
Who Should Attend?
- One of just over one hundred professionals worldwide to hold the Advanced Certified Fund Raising Executive (ACFRE) designation
- Over 25 years of experience as a philanthropic consultant
- Graduate of the Faculty Training Academy of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Master teacher
- Author of more than one dozen books
- Graduate of Alvernia University in Reading, Pennsylvania
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.