Federal grant cost expert Rex Porter will provide hands-on insights into applying cost rules and using indirect cost rates. You will learn detailed federal allowable cost information and guidance found very few other places.
- Allowable Costs
- Indirect Cost Rates And Cost Allocation Issues: Best Practices Under 2 CFR 200
- Advanced Indirect Cost Allocation: Optimizing Your Preparation And Reducing Risk
Master grant cost rules, avoid losing funding, and earn a certification.
Nonprofits are facing federal cost rules more than ever. The coronavirus-induced expansion of grant funding and full effect of Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200) combine to force organizations to immediately comply with the complex requirements of grant funding.
Spending federal grants in only allowable ways is a top responsibility of nonprofit leaders. You must avoid missteps to protect your federal funding.
To help you address the must-know rules, best practices, and hard-to-find tools, we have arranged a valuable three-session certification series:
Grant Cost Rules Certification: 2 CFR 200 Mastery
Session 1: Allowable Costs
- Standards attached to federal grant funds
- U.S. government cost principles
- Responsibilities of financial officers, project managers, and project partners to manage the use of grant funds
- Building budgets, making purchasing decisions, and documenting expenditures
- Purchasing decisions and expenditures
- Audit preparation
Session 2: Indirect Cost Rates And Cost Allocation Issues: Best Practices Under 2 CFR 200
- Best practices for documenting indirect cost activities
- Federal standardsfor cost allocation
- Indirect cost rates and entity types
- Use of 2 CFR 200 indirect cost guidelines
- Typical areas of focus for government auditors
Session 3: Advanced Indirect Cost Allocation: Optimizing Your Preparation And Reducing Risk
- Specific examples of how to apply the indirect cost allocation rules
- Preferred rate types
- Appropriate use of the de minimis 10% rate
- Direct cost base options and pooling indirect costs
- Sources of cost allocation planning templates and tools
- Advantages and disadvantages of different cost allocation approaches
- Negotiating a federal rate with the government
Who Should Attend?
Rex L. Porter
- Principal and founder of Porter Group LLC, a premier national federal grant funding and compliance consulting service
- 25-year career in federal grants management
- Served as a federal grants official, grant-funded organization executive director, and local government project manager
- Retired Air Force officer
- Holds master of business administration and master of science in systems management degrees
- Certificates in nonprofit management, and program and contract management
NonprofitWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
NonprofitWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.