Federal grant cost expert Rex Porter will provide hands-on insights into applying cost rules and using indirect cost rates. You will learn detailed indirect cost information and guidance found in very few other places.
- Allowable Costs
- Indirect Cost Rates And Cost Allocation Issues: Best Practices Under 2 CFR 200
- Advanced Indirect Cost Allocation: Optimizing Your Preparation And Reducing Risk
Master 2 CFR 200. Avoid or pass a federal grant cost audit.
In 2023, nonprofits will undergo audits of their compliance with Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200). Under these federal grant rules, you must comply with the complex requirements for making, tracking, and documenting purchases. You must avoid missteps to protect your agency and its funding.
Spending federal grants in only allowable ways is a top responsibility of nonprofit leaders. To help you address the must-know rules, best practices, and hard-to-find tools, we have arranged a three-session certification series:
Grant Cost Rules Certification: 2 CFR 200 Mastery
Session 1: Allowable Costs
- Strings attached to federal grant funds
- U.S. government cost principles
- Responsibilities of financial officers, project managers, and project partners to manage the use of grant funds
- Building budgets
- Purchasing decisions and expenditures
- Audit preparation
Session 2: Indirect Cost Rates and Cost Allocation Issues: Best Practices Under 2 CFR 200
- Best practices for documenting indirect cost activities
- Federal rules for cost allocation
- Indirect cost rates and entity types
- Typical areas of focus for government auditors
Session 3: Advanced Indirect Cost Allocation: Optimizing Your Preparation and Reducing Risks
- Specific examples of how to apply the indirect cost allocation rules
- Preferred rate types
- Appropriate use of the de minimis 10% rate
- Direct cost base options
- Pooling indirect costs
- Negotiating a federal rate
Upon certification, you will receive a Credly digital credential to demonstrate your knowledge. You can share your verifiable badge in email, LinkedIn, and other online profiles.
Invest in Second Chance Retake Insurance
We recommend purchasing our Second Chance Retake Insurance for $49 which allows you to take the exam a second time without having to retake the Course. Should you need to retake the exam without purchasing Insurance beforehand the retake fee is $75. For additional information please refer here or reach out to Support@careerlearning.com.
Who Should Attend?
Rex L. Porter
- Principal and founder of Porter Group LLC, a premier national federal grant funding and compliance consulting service
- 25-year career in federal grants management
- Served as a federal grants official, grant-funded organization executive director, and local government project manager
- Retired Air Force officer
- Holds master of business administration and master of science in systems management degrees
- Certificates in nonprofit management, and program and contract management
See What Others Are Saying:
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.