Nonprofit leadership expert Mary Gladstone-Highland will share comprehensive guidance and proven sector-specific resources. You will be empowered and enabled to take your organization and your career to new heights.
- Executive Director Roles and Responsibilities
- Nonprofit Board of Director Relations
- Nonprofit Financial Management
- Staff Management
- Volunteer Management
Create more 2023 certainty with your Executive Director Certification.
Nonprofits face a great deal of uncertainty in planning for 2023. Inflation and layoffs diminish supporters’ funds, corporate donors face budget constraints, costs increase dramatically, and program needs are greater than ever.
Now is your time to shine! A well-informed executive director can foresee and overcome the looming challenges. An infusion of ideas, resources, and confidence will enable you to navigate your nonprofit into a successful future.
Our Executive Director Certification program will enable you to:
- Master the foundations of nonprofit management
- Explore real-life examples of the best practices in action
- Renew your passion for your role
- Accelerate your career
Executive Director Certification
Session 1: Executive Director Roles and Responsibilities
- Key roles and responsibilities of an executive director
- Essential skills for an effective nonprofit leader
- The executive director’s role relating to the board
- The executive director’s role relating to staff and volunteers
Session 2: Nonprofit Board of Director Relations
- Allocation of roles between the board and executive director
- Types of nonprofit boards
- Best practices and effective interactions for nonprofit boards
- Techniques to avoid common conflicts between boards and executive directors
Session 3: Nonprofit Financial Management
- Budget creation, review, and calendar
- Financial reporting for board meetings
- Sector-specific legal obligations, including financial reporting
- Annual IRS forms
Session 4: Staff Management
- How to hire and manage nonprofit employees
- Typical nonprofit staffing positions and status types
- How to create an organizational structure to serve your mission
- Legal requirements and performance reviews
Session 5: Volunteer Management
- Nonprofit volunteer roles and how they differ from staff
- Recruiting, supporting, and managing volunteers
- How to foster ongoing volunteer engagement and recognition
- Volunteer job descriptions
Invest in Second Chance Retake Insurance
We recommend purchasing our Second Chance Retake Insurance for $49 which allows you to take the exam a second time without having to retake the Course. Should you need to retake the exam without purchasing Insurance beforehand the retake fee is $75. For additional information please refer here or reach out to Support@careerlearning.com.
Who Should Attend?
- Certified Nonprofit Professional
- Fourteen years of experience leading organizations
- Graduate of the Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs at Syracuse University
- Master of Public Administration
- Certificate in Advanced Study in Conflict and Collaboration
- Certified Fund Raising Executive
- Has raised over $3.4 million for numerous organizations over the past five years
See What Others Are Saying:
CareerLearning Quality Commitment
CareerLearning wants you to be satisfied with your purchase. If this program does not meet your expectations, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.