Nationally recognized lawyer and technologist Robert Brownstone will explain the dramatic increase in data security risks due to COVID-19 and reveal the latest exploits hackers are using. You will learn how to protect valuable proprietary and confidential data.
Working Remotely/Working From Home (WFH)
Phishing, Spoofing, Ransomware, And Other Netiquette Issues
Data Breaches Prevention And Preparedness
The Cloud, Shadow IT, And Personnel Files, Oh My!
Metadata, Redactions, And Comparisons
Eliminate years of cybersecurity headaches at your organization. Learn how to stop data threats, and earn a certification.
As the pandemic wages on, hackers are becoming more desperate, savvy, and successful in taking advantage of organizations’ valuable data. Personnel records, trade secrets, and confidential customer information are all low-hanging fruit for digital thieves.
Hastily-configured remote access solutions to enable employees to work from home offer paths into organizational networks. The increasing use of cloud applications and sharing of confidential information between staff members and vendors create additional opportunities for hackers to exploit.
Simultaneously, information technology team members are stretched thin, giving them less time to plug holes and forcing employees to find independent cloud solutions. Human resources professionals, business leaders, managers, and other staff members must master the foundational concepts of data security and collaborate to prevent a disastrous breach.
Our Electronic Data Security 101 Certification program will enable you to:
- Discover current cybersecurity threats and how to stop them
- Protect your organization from legal, financial, and reputational liability
- Prove your knowledge to colleagues, managers, and regulators
- Earn a prestigious certification and advance your career
We have packed a large volume of interesting and helpful content into five engaging webinars that provide a foundation of current data security knowledge.
Electronic Data Security 101 Certification
Session 1: Working Remotely/Working From Home (WFH)
- How hackers exploit remote access capabilities
- Practical tips to prevent data breaches
- Physical security
- Ensuring the security of video calls
Session 2: Phishing, Spoofing, Ransomware, And Other Netiquette Issues
- Phishing’s propensity to prey on human error
- The most worrisome current cybersecurity threats
- Deep dive into phishing, spoofing, and ransomware
- Netiquette issues, such as the misuse of social media, auto-complete, reply-all, and bcc’s
Session 3: Data Breaches Prevention And Preparedness
- Protecting intellectual property
- Privacy laws
- Proactive measures to prevent data breaches
- Top ten chronology of how to address a data incident
Session 4: The Cloud, Shadow IT, And Personnel Files, Oh My!
- Misuse of the cloud
- Risk management for external data
- Employee use of cloud applications without company approval
- Personnel file security considerations and techniques
Session 5: Metadata, Redactions, And Comparisons
- Metadata in electronic documents, messages, posts, and calls
- Strategies to protect confidential and sensitive information
- Common mistakes with data buried in confidential documents
- Electronic redactions
Invest in Second Chance Retake Insurance
We recommend purchasing our Second Chance Retake Insurance for $49 which allows you to take the exam a second time without having to retake the Course. Should you need to retake the exam without purchasing Insurance beforehand the retake fee is $75. For additional information please refer here or reach out to Support@careerlearning.com.
Who Should Attend?
- Recently launched a law firm, tech consulting company, and law/technology education provider
- Attorney for over 30 years (and a techie for 20 of them)
- Advises and trains clients on eDiscovery, information-security, data-privacy and retention/destruction policies
- Nationwide advisor, conference-chair, speaker, writer, and press resource on many electronic information topics
- Taught more than ten electronic discovery law and process courses at four law schools around the country
- This program has been approved for 5.0 general recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
- This program is valid for 5.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
HRWebAdvisor Quality Commitment
HRWebAdvisor, a division of CareerLearning, wants you to be satisfied with your webinar. If this webinar does not meet your expectations, email us at email@example.com.